Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve - This would be our first Christmas to celebrate. It has been a long time family tradition to go to Grandma and Grandpa Penner's (my mom's parents) on Christmas Eve. My grandparent live in Isabella, it a bit of a drive from our house but not to far. I cannot remember a Christmas Eve that has not been spent at my Grandma's house. Everyone is always there and it is so nice to get together with family. My mom doesn't have a big family, it's just her mom and dad, her, and her brother, and my grandpa has 2 sisters but only one lives here and the other is in California and we rarely ever see her. I am always excited about our Christmas Eve get together because we have Nachos for dinner as well as all kinds of homemade goodies, cookies, candies, and anything you could imagine. I was even more excited about it this year because we would have Brinley there with us. I cannot wait until she can appreciate getting to go to Grandma's and having Nachos for Christmas eve. I didn't get many pictures taken because Santa brought me a new video camera so that I could video Christmas. The pictures were left to Greg and he is not much of a picture person. My mom posted some on her facebook so I stole some from her!

Brinley and I before we ate dinner and opened presents

Brinley would much rather play with Aunt Vicki's phone than any other toy she has!

Aunt Betty, my grandpa's sister

Grandma Penner

Grandpa Penner

Aunt Vicki helping B open here presents

This is what Greg and I did while B opened her presesnts

The dress that Grandma made for Brinley!

Grandma feeding Wyatt (Holly's little boy) some goodies!

Alex (Holly's oldest) with his shot gun that we got him! He loved it

Brinley got a baby doll from Aunt Betty, a dress fromGreat Grandma and Grandpa, and a book and a new nighty from Grandma Berneta!
I love this book, it is a touch a feel book and Brinely like to feel the things and then thinks she needs to lick them! It is to funny.
I am so thankful the Brinley gets the opportunity to spend time with her great grandparents. We are truly blessed that they are still in our lives. Brinley didn't care to much for opening presents, I didn't think she would, but we had a great time and can't wait until the next time we all get to get together again. It's time to go home and get to bed so Santa can stop by our house.

1 comment:

  1. I read this a few days ago and just wanted to comment that I LOVE the idea of having nachos for Christmas Eve! It's EASY! And not holiday food!!! LOL I am not truly fond of turkey or ham ...

    ReplyDelete