Friday, December 31, 2010

1st Play Date and A Thankful Thursday

By the end of the day yesterday I had lots to be thankful for. Details follow!!
Brinley's 1st Play Date
Anna, Rob, and Baby Gunner Jude Fife came up to visit, (Anna's dad is Greg's boss and they live next door to us). All week I have been telling Greg that I need to call Anna so Gunner and Brinley could have a play date. Well it just so happened that Anna and I were thinking the same thing because she called me Wednesday and we decided to meet on Thursday late morning. Anna and Rob brought Gunner over to our house. Brinley is around a 3yr old and a 1 yr old everyday at the sitters but it is so funny to see her interact with other children that she doesn't really know. They were so cute. Gunner is much taller than Brinley but she was not going to let his size deter her from playing rough with him. They got along great.


I got them to both look at me at the same time, not once but twice!! Such good kids!

I think B is going to be a bit of a tomboy. This is going o be hard for me to accept because I just want her to be cute and to do all the things little girls do, but I am sure her dad will love it!

Thankful
I am now thankful that we do not have to talk about or look at toter homes anymore. We have been looking for a toter home for over a year now. (for those of you who don't know, a toter is similar to a small motor home with a goose neck trailer hitch) When we go racing we usually just take the dually (it's a 4 door) and the race car trailer. Well that has worked with no problems until B came along. We usually have 5 going with us. Gene, Jane, Greg, Me, and Dan (Greg's best friend and pit crew), occasionally Dan's wife Alea will go with us if she doesn't have to work. But since B is here we now have to take 2 vehicles just to go to the track because with us 5 and her car seat we cannot all fit. We realized this when I got pregnant and so Greg and Gene started looking for one then. I hate buying or making large purchase with my husband because he has to look at it, research it, think about it, and this process goes on and on until it drives me crazy. Now me, I find what I want and go buy it! Well Greg's dad is exactly the same way he is. Last year at about this time we went to Wellington to look at a very nice one that was very reasonably priced. We didn't get it because it wasn't an automatic. A few months ago we drove to Fort Worth, TX to look at one that turned out to be not nearly as nice as the pics were. Last week Greg, Gene, and Jane drove to Kansas City, KS one evening on the spur of the moment to look at a box, thinking we could then by a semi, have it stretched and put on, then decided that it might not work for us. So then we were back to square one. Well last night we drove to Woodward to look at one that has been for sale for over a year. The guy was asking way to much for it and finally came down on the price. Anyway, it was OMG awesome!!! I loved it. Very nice, exactly what we have been looking for and more. But I knew better than to get my hopes up because this has happened before and it was a lot of money! But before we left Gene had made an offer and the guy took it. YEAH!!!!!!! So the hunt is finally over and I am so happy, you have no idea. We won't get it for a few weeks because we r getting new tires, batteries, and getting it serviced. I will post pics when we get it. I am so Thankful that the look is over and we can all ride to the track together!!! Brinley will also be able to crawl around because there is plenty of room in it.  Pics to come later!
I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year.
Good by 2010!! You have been good to me but I hope 2011 is even better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment