Saturday, February 4, 2012

B's 1st ER trip

1-18-2012
We took B to the ER for the first time. I am actually surprised we haven't had to take her before now. Bu I am also glad we haven't because it was definitely scary.
Greg and I were cooking dinner and B was playing in he living room and I had just checked on her. All of a sudden we heard a loud scream. Not like one we had ever heard before, it was a blood curdling scream. I ran to pick her up and didn't see anything. Sat her on my lap and blood just started running out of her right ear. I was terrified, had no idea what had happened. Finally saw a bobby pin (hair pin) lying on the chair and came to the conclusion that she much have jammed it in her ear thinking she was cleaning it. We called my mom and she said take her to the ER. So we went. We had to wait awhile and she cried all the way there. But once we got her out she started acting as normal as could be in the waiting room.  The Nurse made her mad when she took her vitals and then the Dr. made her mad again when Greg and I had to hold her down so he could look in her ear. Thank goodness all she did was scrape her ear canal. Relief instantly set in. I am just thankful that it wasn't anything worse. The treatment was no cleaning of the ear or no water in the ear for 1 week. I will be just fine if we don't have to make any more trips to the ER for quite some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment