Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Dusty Night

7-22-11
After Greg got home from work we loaded up and headed to Meeker to race. It has been quite a while since Greg has raced anywhere. He took a few weeks off because it has been so hot. It was still hot but we were both beginning to miss it, racing that is! B loves going racing because she gets to be outside and run around, play in the dirt, and work on the car. I think her daddy will appreciate this once she actually knows what she is doing? Ha!
Brinley go to stay up late this night. I forgot her sippy cup of milk so Uncle Dan grabbed it on his way out of town and didn't get to the track until about 9:30 or so. It was almost time for Greg's heat race when he go there so I just let Brin stay up to watch her daddy race because she was enjoying it. I don't remember where he started in the heat race but he finished 3rd. Brinley just sat on my lap and watch the whole race without a peep! I kept pointing her daddy out to her but I don't think she recognizes that he is out there yet! It will come in time!
After the heat race we gave B a bath and put her to bed. Have I mentioned lately how much I love having the toter as opposed to the truck?! It is so nice to be able to put B to sleep in there and not have to worry about her or have her up fussing all night because she is fighting sleep! It is wonderful! Not to mention it is a great escape from the heat on these wonderful hot summer night!
Greg started 6th row inside (11th) for the A Feature. They took the green flag and on the first lap there was so much dust that I could barely see any of the cars on the track. One car spun out and it was a pile up after that. Thank goodness Greg made it through. All the drivers pulled in and Brill (the guy that runs the track) tried to do a little dirt work but it was not a success. By this time it was 12:45am. He gave the guys the option of having their start money and going home or coming back next week and running it before all the other races. Greg took his start money and we went home because he will be racing in Salina and Enid next week. Smart thinking if you ask me!

No comments:

Post a Comment