Friday, July 22, 2011

Cooling off in the heat!!

I haven't posted much since our Branson trip because we haven't been doing much except catching some rays at the water park. It's been nice to just relax and spend time with Brinley. I only have about 2 1/2 weeks before I have to report back to work:(
On Wednesday (7-20-11) we went to White Water Bay with my cousins and their girls (Stacie, Courtney, Maddie, Jorge, Amanda, Maleah, and Addison). It was a girls day out at the water park.
Brin had had a great time. She got a little fussy when she started getting tired but she did great. We started off by playing in the kiddie pool. It was pretty busy when we got there but B found a slide that she could climb up and go down on her own. I just had to stand at the bottom to catch her because it made me nervous!
I wanted to take B down a big ride. The only one she could go down on my lap was the Big Kahuna. The line was very long and did fine waiting until we got near the top. She was tired of being corralled. This girl is just like her mom and dad. When we would go on a small drop off she would grit her teeth and hold her breath. She wasnt' scared until we went under the waterfall. She hates water being poured on her head.
We all had a good time. I enjoy this place but it is a bit expensive. I won't be going back until B can swim on her own. The kiddie pool is way to busy and it made me way to nervous to just let her wonder on her own like I do at the water park in our home town.
We were there from 11am to 4 pm. We went to eat at Texas Roadhouse and them headed home. I was hoping B would sleep on the way back but she was wide awake and enjoyed wearing Maddie's shades!
Thursday (7-21-11) Taryn came over to hang out. We went to Splash Zone and had a great time. Brinley loved riding down the slide with Taryn and splashing in the water. I just can't keep her out of it!
After Taryn left we ate dinner and went out to the shop to help dad work on the race car. Dan and Alea came over. Alea invited B and I to go to Cherry berry with her. That was a no brainer!!! Cherry Berry is a new Self-Serve Frozen Yogurt store in our town. I love it! So does Brin!!!
My favorite has been Birthday Cake, but yesterday I got their new flavor Peanut Butter!!! It was delicious. B and I had a nice tasty treat. Thanks Alea for inviting us to go with you. We had a great time.
We are getting ready to go racing in Meeker tonight so hopefully I will have some pics to share in a post tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment