Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Branson: Day 1

Thursday (7/7/11)
We got up and left our house early in the morning. We headed to Gene and Jane's house to pick them up and head to Branson, Mo. I was very excited because I hadn't been to Branson since I was in H.S. and I didn't remember much about it! And it was the first time to take Brinley on a vacation!
B and I before we left
Our plans were to try and make it to Eureka Springs, AR to eat lunch. I was worried that B would be very restless in the car. We made a pit stop in Tulsa where we all got to stretch our legs. Our next stop...Eureka Springs, AR.
Not to long after we entered AR. We saw this sign! It was no lie! Little did we know that we wouldn't see a flat stretch of land until we headed back home!
B made the rest of the way. Almost a 3 hour drive, she did awesome! We ate Lunch at a place called Local Flavor. It was delicious!


After lunch we did a little bit of shopping and then loaded up and headed on to our resort, on Table Rock Lake. This was the view everywhere. All you could see for miles was trees and hills. It was beautiful!
We drove across this bridge. I thought it was neat. You don't see bridges like this everyday where I live!
We finally made it. We stayed at Valley View Resort on Table Rock Lake. I was a little skeptical about staying on the lake because I am not much of a country girl! I like to be in the hustle and bustle of the city! But I enjoyed it much more that I thought I would! This is our deck at our cabin. B loved it. She wanted to be out on it anytime we were there!
I'm not sure what I was expecting but our cabin was pretty nice. The area was very peaceful and beautiful. We had a view of the lake and there were plenty of toys for B to play on! After settling in it was time to eat dinner and go to the grocery store so we had food at the cabin for the weekend. We headed into Branson. Our cabin was about 30 minutes from "the strip" in Branson. Not a bad drive, it was beautiful scenery to look at on the way! We decided to eat at a steakhouse. BTBones. It was  yummy!
After dinner we drove to Branson West to do some grocery shopping and then head "home" to get some sleep for a busy day of sight seeing! I was so proud of Brinley on the ride to Branson. She did AMAZING! Greg and I are so lucky to have such a happy and well behaved little girl. Don't get em wrong, she's got a temper but is usually very well behaved when out in public (when it counts)! Ha
Stay tuned to Day 2 of our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment