Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekend Recap

Thursday was my first official day of work for the school year, so Brinley went to the babysitter's. My cousin Jennifer is watching her and I am very thankful that I didn't have to put Brinley in daycar. I think I am really going to enjoy this year. My very first year as a teacher I taught this same class in Pre-K and now I will ahve them as 3rd graders. I cannot wait to see how much they have grown up!!
Friday - So after being in my classroom for the first time since B was born, I decided that I needed to purchase a few new items for the school year. So Greg took off early on Friday and we headed to OKC. I have also been wanting a new camera so we went to Epperson Photo to check them out. Here is what I got a Nikon D3000
So far I love it. Used it this weekend at the racetrack and can't wait to learn more about all the technical stuff so I can take better pics of B and Greg racing! After spending way to much at Epperson Photo, we went to Sam's for wipes and diapers, then to my teacher store, and finally dinner at BJ's Brewhouse! We got home later that expected but Brinley was awesome all afternoon/evening! She is such a good girl!
Saturday - Race Day #1: Since Greg won at Muskogee last week he decided he wanted to go back to get his trophy and race because he really likes the track. He also likes to go to tracks where we really don't know many people because then he isn't bothered as much while trying to take care of his buisness! When you win a race you usually get a trophy and your picture taken, so since we (Brinley and I)  were going to be in a picture with Dad, which is very rare because Greg stays as far away from the camera as possible, I thought B needed something cute to wear. So I went to Hobby Lobby got a pink onesie and a few things to put on it and with Jane's (my mother-in-law) help this is what we created!

You can't see all of it but the front has a checkered heart with a pink 66 in it and there is a checkered ruffle sewn around the legs!!!


And the Back!

Dan and Greg debating what to do with the car!


Since we have had Brinley we usually have to take 2 vehicles to the track so the boys left for Muskogee at about 2:30 and Jane and I left by 4. My cousin Harley followed the boys up there because he wanting to see some racing action as well. It was nice to get to see him cause we haven't seen him much this summer since Enid hasn't been racing. The night wasn't bad. Brinley selpt almost all the way to and from Muskogee (YEA!!!!) and Greg finished 4th. Not to bad but he didn't tear anyting up and that is always a plus. His toy is very expensive to fix!!! Jane and I left as soon as Greg's race was over and we got back home at 1:30am! We went straight to bed!
Sunday - is usually a relaxing day as well as our grocery shopping day. BUT...Since Enid has started racing again and on Sunday's it has become anothe race day. Race Day #2...We slept in until about 10 and Greg went out to the shop to get the car ready for abother night of racing. The only plus to today was the we live only 6 blocks from this racetrack so a very minimal drive!! Brinley and I just hung out at the house playing and spending some quality time together until it was time for racing. We then headed up to the track. I love race day's in Enid because I get to see a big part of my family and Greg's family. My cousins (The McCartney's) and Greg's niece's and nephew (Jennifer, Mike, & Ady; Jessi, Ryan, & Reese; and Cody, Vanessa, & Jax) and their families were all there! It was quite an interesting evening of races. Greg finished 4th again but didn't tear anything up (YEA!). Even though we live jsut down the road it was another late night and Monday was to be my first day of inservice so I needed to get to bed, but it was hard to wind down. But once again B slept through the night!
Monday -  I had to go to work today and B had a rough day at the sitter's which I expected due to the two consecutive late nights of racing! But the afternoon was much better. I can't wait till the weekend to spend the whole day with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment