Sunday, August 8, 2010

Let's Go Racing

It has been a busy and exhausting weekend. For those of you who don't know my husband, Greg, is a dirttrack racecar driver. I love to watch him race and Brinley loves the sound of a racecar engine! Thank goodness cause her mommy and daddy are at the racetrack quite a bit!
Here is a pic of his car at the beginning of the season. An action shot from Enid!

And this is what it looks like now! He was involved in a wreck a few weeks ago and had to replace both door and quarter panels! Fixing to race at Meeker!
Anwho...yesterday was RACEDAY!!!!! We woke up and Greg went out to the shop to get the car ready and loaded and Brinley and I started getting ready for the long drive to Thunderbird Speedway in Muskogee, OK. Before we left Jennifer, Ady, Debi, and Greyson came over to see us. Jennifer is Greg's niece, Ady is her daughter, Debi is Jennifer's Husband's Aunt and Greyson is her son. We haven't seen them in quite a while and it was nice to catch up. Debi had not seen Brinley yet so this was thier first time to meet. She is also a photographer so I go some points on my camera! Thanks Debi!
The trip to Muskogee wouldn't be so bad except Brinley does NOT like her carseat! This trip was alright, she slept a little and chatted it up with her Gma Jane! When we got to the track it was very hot, but B loves to be outside so we found some shade and just hung out until my cousin Stacie and her kiddos arrived. (Her husband Ross McCartney drives an E-Mod, it is actually in the background of this pic). Her girls absolutely love Brinely and between those 3 and her Aunt Alea, I didn't have to worry about her again! So this time I actually got to watch Greg race. He finished 2nd in his heat and won his A Feature!!!!! WAY TO GO GREG!!! Greg's car was hooked up and flyin!!! Greg has raced 12 times this year and won 4, I think that's pretty good! So after the race we packed in the truck for the long ride home! This time I planned ahead, the races didn't start til 8 so I knew it would be a late night and Brinley will stay awake as long as she can and then cry on the way home cause she isn' in her bed, remember earlier I said she doesn't like her carseat. So I packed a nightgown hoping that being in her nightime clothes and swaddled up would help her sleep a little on the way home. Way to go mom cause it helped. She still woke up a few times but not nearly as many as before! We got home at 2:30!! So today is catchup day! Brinley is never on a good schedule the day after raceday so it is usually a little frustrating but tiday hasn't been to bad!
I have to enjoy these last few days with her because I start back to work on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment