Saturday, August 21, 2010

Dinner at Grandma's House

Thursday was the first day of school for the kiddos where I teach. I am so excited about this school year. I had this same class the first year that I taught Pre-K and now I have them again in 3rd Grade. They are a wonderful class. After a busy day at work I picked Brinley up from the babysitter. Brinley had had a very tearful day. I am hopeing that it was due to her daddy dropping her off today instead of her mommy. We will soon find out because Greg is now taking her everyday so I don't have to get up quite so early. YEA!!!! Thursday night Greg, Brinley, and I went to my Grandma and Grandpa Penner's house for dinner. She called and wanted us to go last week but we were very busy with racing and didn't have time to make it down so we decided Thursday would be a good night. My Aunt Betty, my mom and my sister Victoria also went. My grandma lives in Isabella which is about a 45 minute drive from our house in Enid. Thanks goodness Brinley slept all the way there, I was worried that after her tearful day she would cry al way there. I love going to my grandma's house. They live a very simple life (no tv, no internet, only the necessities) and it reminds me to never take anything for granted, especially our family. When we are there we don't worry about things and just enjoy each others company.  We had a great dinner, sausage, hashbrown casserole, vegetable, meadly, peaches, and a cbocolate browny cake! While we were there I was sure to get a 4 generation pic. I wanted to make sure and get one cause you never know when someone will be taken from you.

4 Generations
Marie (Brinley's Great Grandma), Berneta (Brinley's Grandma), Becky (me), & Brinley
Excuse it being offcentered, Greg took it!

Brinley loves to stand up
(with help of course)
here she is in the cute outfit her grandma berita got for her on vacation.
I thing she looks good in green!

 Brinley and Great Great Aunt Betty


No comments:

Post a Comment