Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tornado Weather May 2011

The last two days have been days filled with bad weather. I have lived in Oklahoma my entire life and have seen many tornado's but the older I get the more scared worried I get! When I was young I didn't have to worry about things but now that I am a wife and a mother I have responsibilities and it scares me to know that my family and things could be wiped away in an instant!
Monday (5-23-11) I got home from my last day of work and was just cleaning the house when I got a text from my niece that they were going to come over. It was down pouring and I knew the weather was getting bad, but I wasn't ready to head down to the cellar! About that time I heard the tornado sirens go off. There wasn't ever a tornado, just high winds and heavy rain. Thank goodness! Jessy, Ryan, and Reese stayed for a little while and then headed home. All was clear for the evening.
Reese on Brinley's Zebra
He was showing her how to ride it!

Tuesday (5-24-11) was another day of bad weather. We didnt' get anything here, just a little rain. But Piedmont was hit hard! I am praying for the families affected by the storms!

No comments:

Post a Comment