Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Oklahoma Blizzard 2011

Last weekend (Friday and Saturday) we had 70+ degree weather! And late Monday evening the weather channel issued a blizzard warning. A BLIZZARD people! We were just outside playing in super warm weather for January and now it is below freezing! That's Oklahoma weather for you!    Tuesday, February 1st, 2011: I got a call at 6AM that school was cancelled for the day! Yeah for me! So I spent the day playing with Brinley. My sister is staying with us for the week because my mom is in San Diego, Calif, on a job. So Victoria, Brinley and I stayed in all day! We played and napped the entire time! This is what I awoke to:

My front door was iced over

 I couldn't see the steps on my front porch

(side view of the drift on the front porch that was about 2 ft)

Brinley finally got up at 9:00 and we didn't go out all day long. The wind was blowing up to 30mph gusts and the temperatures were unbearable. If you stayed out for to long I am pretty sure you would have frost bite! So we just played inside all day long!

Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011: Groundhog Day - School was cancelled again and I have Cabin Fever!!!! It is crazy, on a nice day I can stay in and clean house and not feel trapped (knowing that if I want to go outside I can, no problem). However, on a day when the ground is covered in snow and I know that it will be uncomfortable to go outside, I want nothing more than to be out there. I guess it is the feeling of being trapped inside that I can't handle! I still didn't get outside today because it was way to cold and I didn't want to take Brinley out in it. So we played all day long again!!


and ate...

and played with the baby...

 and walked everywhere...

 and read our books!

Brinley loves to help daddy get her bath ready!
I just love this picture

I made a cake and daddy thought Brinley needed some icing after I frosted it. Needless to say she loved it!

Well I have to go back to work tomorrow...I have mixed feeling about this. I am sad to leave Brinley once again, yet I am ready to get out of this house!! On a positive note basketball playoffs start next week so my late nights of going o basketball games are almost over, which means I can spend all of them at home with B!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Head on over to my Giveaway blog...I have a little surprise for you! :)

    ReplyDelete