Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oklahoma Blizzard #2 2011

So this last week we had our second blizzard of the year ~Wednesday Feb.9 and Thursday Feb.10~  . This time we got way more snow than the week before. The news reported that we got 13 inches of snow! Greg's sister lives in Iowa and she said that we had more snow on the ground than they did up there.
It started snowing late Tuesday night and didn't stop until late Wednesday afternoon. I got 2 more snow days to spend playing with Brinley! I got up at about 8:30 on Wednesday to let my dog out and this is what the screen door looked like! It was conpletely frosted over and I couldn't see outside.


 Here is our front yard, looking out the front door towards the racecar shop. You can just barely see the tire tracks from Greg going to work almost an hour earlier. The snow was drifted up on the front porch so bad that I could barely open the door to let out Coco. She is not one to play out in the cold. She is a very prissy dog and quickly retreated back into the house after taking care of her morning buisness!
 This is looking across the street and at the plant stand on the front porch. It was on the second step and the legs were halfway covered in snow!
 We had temperatures in the -teens. NEGATIVE Temperatures. So since it was so cold Brinley and I stayed cozy and warm inside the house. She enjoyed realxing in her bouncer. At one time this thing was way to big for her. My how she has grown! She loved it when I turned on the vibration!


By early afternoon the sun was out and our door had begun to defrost. It was still cold and Brinley thought it was fun to lick it! Yes it was clean!!!


 When Greg got home from lunch I had him measure the snow just off the steps of our front porch and it was 12 inches! I never remember ever having this much snow on the ground in my lifetime. I took a picture after Greg had cleared a small path for Coco to get off of the porch (Remember me daying she was a prissy dog, well she is also very spioled!). The snow was over his knees where he was shoveling!

Well I had a wonderful 2 days off from work but unfortunatley it was back to work on Friday! We did go visit Grandma Jane and Papa Gene on Thursday. Coming Soon....Post on B crawling up the stairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment