Monday, August 22, 2011

Terrible Wind Storm Aug 8, 2011

We had a terrible wind storm come through on Aug 8, 2001. I was out at the school getting my classroom ready when one of the other teachers said her dad had called to warn her about a bad storm coming though. I decided it was time to wrap up and head home. I thought that I was going to make it but I was caught right in the middle. It was a little freaky. I had to drop my friend off at her house and when I left the wind was blowing so bad that I could hardly see where I was going! Thankfully I made it home safe and we didn't have any damage, just no electricity. the neighborhood my friend lives in had uprooted trees and lots of things blown everywhere!
Monday night we slept in the toter because it was way to hot to stay in the house with B. She was a little confused on why she was in the toter and not going anywhere!
Here are some pics of the damage at the fairgrounds.
(what used to be the Pit Shack, garage door by the stands, down power lines)

No comments:

Post a Comment