Sunday, August 28, 2011

1st Day of School and Racing in Lawton 8-20-11

Friday (8-19-11) was the 1st day of school. I remember my 1st day of school (as a teacher) 5 years ago. I was the Pre-K teacher and I was so nervous...mostly wondering if this was what I really wanted to be doing for the rest of my life! I quickly learned that I loved teaching and the only other thing I prefer doing is being a SAHM! Since that day I have taught Pre-K (2yrs), 3rd grade (3 yrs), and I am now teaching 1st grade. My class is wonderful and we are going to have a wonderful year!
Saturday Morning (8-20-11) Greg decided he wanted to go to Lawton to race. Nothing like a last minute decision! I packed B up and Greg got the race car ready. Greg, B, myself, Uncle Dan, and Papa loaded up and headed south. Gene's long time friend, Gail showed up. I have only met him a hand full of times but he is great! B isn't to sure about him yet, though she did let him hold her...surprising! Don't worry Gail, she'll warm up to you at some point!
I got B to wave at her dad before he went out for mud laps and she decided that she needed to wave at every driver that she could see drive off. It was so cute. She would hear them start up their car and off she would go to wave/say bye-bye. Needless to say I got a workout. Secretly I think her dad loved seeing her wave to him before he went out!
Greg did OK.
Heat: Started 4th row outside (8th) and finished 5th.
Feature: Started 5th row outside (10th) and finished 8th.
Not the best but we came home in one piece. Kind of a win-win situation I guess.
It was a late night and so we loaded up and headed home.
Sorry no pics :(. It's no easy to get pics when I have to chase a 16 month old around! It can be pretty dangerous in the pits so I have to keep a close eye on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment