Sunday, June 19, 2011

a LONG night of racing and a garage sale

Note: This week was so busy that I didn't get any pictures, so it will be a pictureless post!
It's been a long hot week.
Jane and I had a garage sale this weekend. I wish I would have taken a picture of the garage because it was full. To give you an idea we had 8 long banquet tables and 3 huge racks of clothes and stuff!
Thursday was Garage Sale Day 1! We sold quite a bit of stuff but there was still a lot to go. It was so hot inside the garage!
Friday was Garage Sale Day 2 and Rainout night at Meeker.
Jane and I worked at our garage sale all day and closed up at 2pm to get ready to go to Meeker. Last week they rained out the features so we had to go back this week. Jane and I were the only ones to go with Greg. That's right Jane and I were the pit crew for Greg. (Hence no pictures or video, I was way to busy.) Greg had to run the make-up feature and a full show (a heat and another feature)! The races were suposed to start at 7:30 and didn't start until about 8:15, so we knew it was gonna be a long night!
1st Feature: (rainout from last week) Greg decided to change the spark plugs after hot laps. He started 4th row outside (8th) and finished 5th. He had been having a bit of an oil leak and after that feature there was no more leak. Win-Win situation!
Heat: Greg started 3rd row inside (5th) of the heat and finished 2nd. It was good run. Before the heat Greg decided to make quite a few changes to the car. The track was really dry and getting dryer (wich means lots of dust). I'm not sure what all he did but I know he moved and adjusted a lot of bars and other stuff. Ha Ha. I'm not that great of a pit crew member. I didn't do any of it, just went and got the tools that I was told to get!
2nd Feature: Greg started 5th row inside (9th). The changes he made were awesome. Greg got spun out on the 3rd lap and I thought we were in trouble. Jane and I had recruited some guys we knew to help us just incase we had to change a tire during the race. I knew I could do it just not a fast as Greg would have wanted me too! We lucked out, no flat and there was another pile up on the same caustion in the opposite turn so we didn't have to restart on the back! After that restart Greg took off. It was only a matter of time before he was running second. Caught another break when the leader clipped a tractor tire and spun out. Greg was in the lead and finished with a win!! That's how it's done with a 2 WOMAN pit crew!!!! We were awsome, but I hope to never do it again. You don't realize what all the guys do for a race and I appreciate Dan and Gene more than ever now!
As I said earlier we got started late, therfore it was a late night. We pulled out of the track at 2:30am and pulled into our driveway at 4:45am! Remember me saying that Jane and I were having a garage sale. Yeah I had to get back up at 6:30am to be over there to help! Needless to say we were both tired and we closed up early! Hoping this week is a bit easier!
Great Job Greg!

No comments:

Post a Comment