Sunday, January 16, 2011

Our Week

Well my next post was supposed to be on Wednesday (about B's new carseat) but that day came and went (and I haven't taken any pics yet). It was a busy week at our house. I had a basketball game on Tuesday. On Wednesday The McCartney girls came to stay with us for the weekend because their parents went to the Chili Bowl (Inside Dirt track racing in Tulsa, OK.). Greg and I have been going to the Chili Bowl for the last 5 years. Two years ago we finally put our name on the list to get tickets (we usually just get pit passes and stand to watch the races) and got 4 so Stacie and Ross started going with us. We always have a good time and last year was probably the best. I was pregnant and thought I would be the party pooper but I had a blast. We even ate pizza at a club with Tony Stewart. So this year was a bit bitter sweet when Greg and I came to the conclusion that we should stay home. For 2 reasons. 1. We (meaning I) was not ready to leave Brinley for 4 nights. 2. Greg wants to race at Texas Motor Speedway in March and I didn't want to take off of work for both events. So we sold our tickets to some friends and stayed home. But we had a great time with theses girls!

Courtney, Jordan, and Madison

We had a great time. Brinley just loves the girls. Every morning when she woke up, she would crawl around looking for them until they got up and then clap and smile so big when they finally talked to her or picked her up.

These girls were such a big help with Brinley. It was almost like a mini vacation from mommy hood. Haha, the only thing I had to do was change her diapers. Maddie always wanted to feed her and Jordan and Courtney were always keeping her entertained. 

 Brinley loved it when Maddie would read to her!

 Thursday the Skeltur Conference Tournament started. Courtney is on the H.S. basketball team and my sister is a H.S. Cheerleader. The girls and boys both did a great job. The girls played in the Consolation Game and the boys played for the Championship on Saturday. Courtney wasn't feeling well Saturday morning and actually got sick but sucked it up and played anyway. It's a good thing because there are only 8 girls on the team and 2 others were sick and couldn't make it so Court was the only relief for the 5 starters.

She played her best game yet. She ended up with 9 points. Two 3 pointers, a field goal, and 1 free throw. The girls won and they all played well. The boys lost to Pioneer but it was a good game and I am proud of them for making it to the championship game. The last time they were there was 10 years ago, when I was a Senior in H.S. at Cimarron.



I can't leave out Victoria (cheering the teams on to VICTORY!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment