Saturday, September 18, 2010

A weekend without the hubby

This is the first weekend that Brinley and I have spent together without dad since she has been born (almost 5 months ago). It is the big TMS weekend (Texas Motor Speedway Dirt Track Race weekend). Greg, Dan, Gene, and Jane left on Thursday morning to head down to Texas. I gotta be honest, I was okay with Greg goin Fri. - Sun. but then at the beginning of the week he says "So we are going down on Thursday so I can practice"! I didn't say anything, just left the room cause I was upset. Not so much that he was leaving B and I for 4 days, but more so because he was leaving to go racing and I couldn't go watch him. I couldn't go because this weekend is Lahoma Days (I teach in Lahoma and grew up there, so I had an obligation to be there.)
On Thursday our regular sitter couldn't watch B so I called Greg's niece Jennifer and she came down from Medford to watch her. Thanks so much Jen and Ady for the help. I know B enjoyed your company! Ady is going to be a big sister soon so I'm sure it was ggod practice for her!!
Anyway it should be a fun and busy weekend! Friday night was the Jr. Miss / Miss Cimarron Pageant. My little sister is a freshman and competed in the Miss Cimarron Pageant. (I'll post more about that later)
Saturday (today) was the parade and the Cimarron Review (the little kid pageant) and this evening is the turtle races, FFA dinner and the trophy auction! B has a turtle and I decorated it. (I will post more about that later as well)!
For your viewing pleasure here are a few pics of B

Enjoying her bath sitting up!

Playing on the floor!

Such a cutie


My little girl on the move!!

No comments:

Post a Comment