Sunday, September 19, 2010

Miss Cimarron 2010 and Lahoma Days

Congratulations to my sister Victoria!!!! She is the new 2010 Miss Cimarron!!!!!

I am so proud of her, she did such a good job! There were 8 Miss Contestants (9th - 12th graders) and they all did a wonderful job. I remember doing this pageant when I was in high school and I believe it takes a lot of guts to get up infront of your peers to perform! All the girls did a great job and it was an outstanding evening! Victoria has such poise when she is on the stage and looks gorgeous!!! She is a dancer and her talent was awesome! She had a cute costume and mixed a little ballet with some hip hop/jaz dancing!!! Her formal wear dress was stunning. I have to brag a little here because Victoria won this year as a freshman (the first freshman to ever win)!!! WAY TO GO TORI!!!! I knew you could do it!!!


Miss Cimarron 2010 Victoria Kimbrell with Brinley and I



Vicoria in her dance costume! ( I love it)

Saturday morning was the parade and the Cimarron Review! I entered Miss B in the pageant. There were 4 girls in her age group. She didn't win but we had a great time! She was more interested in eating her dress than she was to give the judges a smile!! HA!

On Stage
(the girl with the big green tutu won)


Here is a pic of her with her participant trophy!!


Turtle Races
We finally found a turtle!!! Thanks to my Aunt Brenda=) We didn't get it till early Friday evening so I didn't have much time to paint it. It was a good thing I already knew how I was going to pain it and went to Hobby Lobby to get the paint just in case we found one last minute!  I thought it was only fitting to dediacte this turtle to daddy since he wasn't able to be here. So here is Brinley's turtle all decorated and taking a rest before the heat race!


Brinley was very excited about going to the turtle races
(I just love these big beautiful eyes)

We had a great turtle. It was fast!!! As soon as the box was lifted it took off. About halfway to the finish line, he had to take a pit stop and due to that he finished 2nd out of 12 turtles. Not to bad for our first turtle race ever!!

Brinley with mommy, her turtle, and her 1st Runner-Up Trophy

After the turtle race we had to go to the FFA dinner/Trophy Auction so Brinley's trophy and turtle could be auctioned off for the Fairboard. A big Thank You to Francis Toews of Toews Farms for buying Brinley's Turtle and Trophy!
Whew!!! I am glad this weekend is over and am ready for Greg to be back home! Hopefully I will have a report on how he does tonight! And maybe we can have a relaxing weekend at home next weekend. HA! Like we will ever have a relaxing weekend, we always have stuff going on!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to Victoria! I can't believe how grown up she is. I still remember her as being so little. Oh, and Brinley is a doll!
    Janel

    ReplyDelete